ADELAIDE, Australia (CMC):Kieron Pollard’s cameo and Chris Jordan’s brace helped Adelaide Strikers to a convincing 48-run victory over Sydney Sixers and their first points in the latest edition of the Big Bash League here yesterday.Sent in at Adelaide Oval, Strikers rallied to 152 for nine off their 20 overs, with wicketkeeper Ben Dunk top-scoring with 37 from 20 balls and captain and opener Brad Hodge getting 36 from 29 deliveries.first-class matchesPollard, batting at number five, chipped in with 29 from 20 balls with two sixes. The West Indies right-hander kept the innings together as Strikers lost seven wickets for 51 runs, sliding from 100 for two in the 12th over.Jordan, the England all-rounder who has played several first-class matches for his native Barbados, struck 18 from 19 balls with a single six.In reply, Sixers slumped to 104 all out in the 19th over, with Jordan returning with his right-arm seam to pick up two for 27 from his three overs.Pollard’s one over of slow medium went for six runs.England’s Sam Billings was one of only three batsmen to reach double figures and the only one to pass 20, as he top-scored with 40 from 30 deliveries.Strikers lie one from bottom of the eight-team league with two point while Sixers are third on four points.
MOST READ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments Top 10 finishers in 1st PH OCR Open earn national team pool slots Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew ‘Mia’: Rom-com with a cause a career-boosting showcase for Coleen Garcia Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award After winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum “We have an early celebration coming up this Saturday, 15 December. We are going to have a beach house party in San Juan, La Union,” said ONE flyweight champion Geje Eustaquio.“The gathering will celebrate our accomplishments this 2018, and also prepare for 2019. Everybody will come that day, most notably our professional athletes.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissTeam Lakay’s celebration is also an opportunity for Folayang, Eustaquio, bantamweight king Kevin Belingon and strawweight titleholder Joshua Pacio to share their experiences and journey to the top of their respective divisions.“We have a program, a feast, and an open mat for whoever wants to roll. Our world champions will share their experience and tell what they went through this year,” Team Lakay head coach Mark Sangiao said. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Photo from ONE ChampionshipTeam Lakay has a ton of reasons to celebrate for after four of its top fighters earned world titles this year with Eduard Folayang capping it off by reclaiming the ONE lightweight crown last month.And there’s no better time to celebrate the victories than the Yuletide season.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES “This kind of gathering is our way to spend quality time with each other. This is our way to inspire other athletes, tighten our bond, and learn from each other.”Sangiao added the titles won by his fighters are the result of hard work, dedication and sacrifice.“It’s our biggest year. We won championship titles and received many awards this year. This is the result of our hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. Like we always say, this is our passion. We love what we do. These awards and titles are just the fruit of our hard labor,” said Sangiao.Champion or not, Eustaquio said what’s more important is each one of them is happy.“We are grateful for every year. We are always full of joy,” Eustaquio stated. “Seeing each other happy, seeing everyone living a peaceful life is more than enough.”ADVERTISEMENT No.13 lucky for Orlando Bloom Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college
A taxi driver was slapped with a sexual assault charge and appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan on Wednesday when he made his first court appearance at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Rohan SinghRohan Singh of Lot 52 Block CC Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara, was not required to plead to the indictable charge, which stated that on May 22, 2019, at Farm, East Bank Demarara, he touched a 16-year-old in a sexual way without her consent.According to the prosecution’s case, on May 22, the victim stopped the taxi which was driven by the accused. The victim then indicated that she was going to the Diamond Diagnostic Centre to visit a friend, however, while on the way to the hospital, the accused turned the car into Farm and pushed his hand under the virtual complaint’s shirt, rubbed her belly and attempted to kiss her. The matter was reported and the accused was subsequently arrested. He was released on $100,000 and the case will continue on September 11, 2019.
Fort St. John, B.C. – The Fort St. John Flyers are heading down Highway 97 for a tilt with the Dawson Creek Senior Canucks tonight.The Flyers are coming off a rough outing in Grande Prairie that saw them lose by a score of 7-0, though the team was missing some of its key players. General manager Lee Hartman said, “We are getting two of our defenceman who missed last game back tonight, only three where able to make the season opener.”Hartman is expecting a better performance from the Flyers tonight. He knows their division is tough but his team is more than capable of competing and beating the Canucks and Athletics.- Advertisement -The game tonight gets underway at 8:30 p.m. at the Memorial Arena in Dawson Creek.
The emaciated and dishevelled “Wild Boars” were found after nine days of no contact on a small, muddy bank surrounded by water several kilometres inside the Tham Luang cave in northern Thailand.All had come from football training when they first went into the cave on June 23, and were wearing football shirts when they were found — one wore an England top, another the colours of Real Madrid.Images of the desperate group went viral, prompting FIFA boss Gianni Infantino to invite them to the July 15 showpiece in a gesture of solidarity from the footballing world and a dream to most teenage football fans.But doctors poured cold water on the idea, saying the boys are in good shape but going through a slow and careful recovery that will see them stay in hospital for a week.“They can’t go, they have to stay in hospital for a while,” Thongchai Lertwilairatanapong, of the public health ministry, told reporters Tuesday when asked about the offer to attend Sunday’s match.“They’re likely to watch it on television,” Jedsada Chokdamrungsuk, permanent-secretary of the Ministry of Public Health.The boys were still far from being rescued at the time the offer was made and as of Tuesday afternoon only eight had been freed as the complex mission entered its final stage.So far no major health problems have been detected but parents will only be able to visit the first four boys using protective gear and after a period of 48 hours.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000All of the boys had come from football training when they first went into the cave on June 23, and were wearing football shirts when they were found – one wore an England top, another the colours of Real Madrid © ROYAL THAI NAVY/AFP / HandoutCHIANG RAI, Thailand, Jul 10 – The eight young footballers rescued from a cave in Thailand after more than two weeks underground are unlikely to be able to take up an offer to attend the World Cup final in Moscow, doctors said Tuesday.The plight of the boys has prompted an outpouring of support from across the footballing world, from Brazil legend Ronaldo to England’s John Stones and Argentinian superstar Lionel Messi.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card In eliminating the Southwest Series, several area drivers and teams must find another series or move up in class in the NASCAR ranks. M.K. Kanke of Frazier Park, the Southwest Series career poles and earnings leader, said he will return for the final season of Southwest Series racing. He plans to be at Phoenix and said he hopes it will attract a strong field. “I’m looking forward to Phoenix,” said Kanke, who has raced on the Southwest Series since 1987. “It’s no different than racing in the ’80s when they didn’t have NASCAR in it.” Kanke said he would not move to the West Series. “That’s not a move up,” Kanke said. “It’s a move behind. If anybody thinks the West is a step up, it’s (more of) a way to spend twice as much.” Keith Spangler also does not agree with NASCAR’s decision to eliminate the Southwest Series. “There’s no middle ground,” said Spangler, from Northridge, who used to race in the Sportsman class at Saugus Speedway. This weekend is the first time in two years that Spangler will be entered in the Southwest Series opener at Phoenix. He said he has no interest in racing on the West Series. “The cost factor – guys are spending $1 million to $1.5 million,” Spangler said. “Guys like me – I’d be lucky to do a race or two a year. I don’t think they’re doing the right thing.” Instead of focusing on what NASCAR is doing wrong, in Kanke and Spangler’s opinions, they want to concentrate on having a strong Phoenix race and get their seasons started right. “I think we’re ready,” said Kanke, who tested at Phoenix two weeks ago. “The car was pretty consistent. I think we’ll do just fine.” Spangler is excited about Phoenix, but he’s not as confident as Kanke. “It’s definitely the fastest track,” Spangler said. “My experience is here and there. I don’t get to go every year. I’m at a disadvantage. I have to go there and guess what’s the best for me.” The NASCAR Grand National Division, West Series, also will hold its season opener at the Copper World Classic in Phoenix. Two-time West Series champion Mike Duncan, from Bakersfield, NASCAR Nextel Cup Series driver Ken Schrader and West Series regulars Steve Portenga, Mike David, Tim Woods III and Andrew Myers are entered. Austin Cameron and Jim Inglebright are expected to make their returns to the West Series at Phoenix, as is Johnny Borneman. The Copper World Classic also will stage USAC Sprint, Midget and Silver Crown races this weekend. Tim Haddock covers motor sports for the Daily News. He can be reached at (818) 713-3715 or firstname.lastname@example.org. SOUTHWEST SERIES Sunday: Phoenix International Raceway, Avondale, Ariz. Date TBD: Stockton 99 Speedway; Stockton May 13: Shasta Raceway Park; Anderson Date TBD: Irwindale Speedway; Irwindale June 4: Colorado National Speedway; Erie, Colo. June 17: Irwindale Speedway; Irwindale July 15: Stockton 99 Speedway, Stockton Aug. 19: Colorado National Speedway; Erie, Colo. Nov. 9: Phoenix International Raceway, Avondale, Ariz. NASCAR Elite Division Southwest Series Copper World Classic Site: Avondale, Ariz. Schedule: Sunday, qualifying (10 a.m.); race (1 p.m.) Track: Phoenix International Raceway (1-mile paved oval). Race distance: 100 laps/100 miles. Posted awards: $127,887. 2005 winner: Burney Lamar. On the Net: www.nascar.com Grand National Division West Series United Rentals 125 Site: Avondale, Ariz. Schedule: Sunday, qualifying (10:30 a.m.); race (3 p.m.) Track: Phoenix International Raceway (1-mile paved oval). Race distance: 125 laps/125 miles. Posted awards: $210,629. 2005 winner: David Gilliland. On the Net: www.nascar.com 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! When the NASCAR Elite Division, Southwest Series, kicks off its season Sunday at Phoenix International Raceway in Avondale, Ariz., it will be the beginning of the end for the regional touring series. NASCAR announced in December that it is restructuring its regional touring series after the 2006 season. In other words, the four Elite Divisions, which includes the Southwest Series, will cease competing at the end of the year. The hope from NASCAR is that some of the teams at the Elite Division level will move to the Grand National Divisions or Modified Series. “Support for the Elite Divisions has been on the downswing for a number of years,” NASCAR vice president of communications and regional touring Jim Hunter said. “This change will allow NASCAR to focus more attention on the Grand National and Modified touring divisions.” There are two NASCAR Grand National Divisions, the West Series and Busch North Series, and two Modified series.
Callum and Elle enjoy the Donegal Game on Sunday. Photo Brian McDaidA LAST-gasp Michael Murphy rescued a point for Donegal against Meath in their Division 2 clash in Ballybofey.Brian McDaid from the Cristeph Gallery was there to capture the faces in the crowd.Rory Brogan Meabh and John Mc Glinchey from Raphoe pictured at the game todayBobby Mc Memamin with his grandson Rohan at the game in Ballybofey on Sunday Photo Brian McDaid/Cristeph Were you at the game.Donegal fans at the game on Sunday in Ballybofey. Photos Brian McDaid/Cristeph Amanda and Michael Blaney from Fanad pictured at the Donegal Game on Sunday.. Photo Brian McDaid Joe Devine and Conal Duggan from Letterkenny pictured in Ballybofey for the Donegal game. Photo Brian McDaid/Cristeph Cathal and Donna Dorrian from Killygordan at the game on Sunday. Photo Brian McDaid Paul Blaney at the Donegal game on Sunday. Photo Brian McDaidSylvester and Leo Clancey supporting Donegal with Eoin and Brian Colleely from Meath at the game in Ballybofey. Photo Brian McDaidGetting ready for the game on Sunday.John James, Charlie Collins Damien Carr. Brendan O Donnell, Shuan Byrne, Micheal Gillespie,Barney Gallagher, Eddie Walsh and Willie Doherty. Photo Brian McDaid/CristephNiamh , Ben, Paul, Emee and Loraine Mc Daid from Carndonagh pictured at the game in Balllybofey. Co. Chairman Sean Dunnion Joyce Mc Mullen and John Friel pictured at the game in Ballybofey on Sunday.Christy Toye One of Donegal’s best players in the game against Meath. Photo Brian McDaid PICTURE SPECIAL: WERE YOU A FACE IN THE CROWD AT MacCUMHAILL PARK? was last modified: March 9th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BallybofeyBrian McDaidDonegal v MeathMACCUMHAILL PARKpicture special
It’s the advert for Ireland Airport West at Knock that has caught the attention of GAA fans across the country.It shows Donegal stars Michael Murphy, Karl Lacey and other well-known football stars raving about how good the airport is – while showing off their skills. But what exactly happened behind the scenes and who dropped the ball?Simply click to see. DDTV – WHICH DONEGAL STAR DROPPED THE BALL ON TV ADVERT? was last modified: June 21st, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:advertIreland West Airportkarl laceyMichael Murphy
DDTV:Rosses soccer starlet James Boyle has fulfilled a childhood dream by scoring for Ireland at a World Cup.Rosses Community School student James is currently in Mexico participating at the Amputee World Cup in Mexico. The supremely talented teen made no mistake from the penalty spot in Ireland’s match against Uzbekistan.Boyle expertly dispatched his effort but unfortunately the Irish side were defeated 6-1 by the former World Champions.Ireland also lost their opening match against Brazil 2-0, and face the Ukraine in their final group match.Hopefully James can add more goals to his tally in the remainder of the tournament. However, at least he can say that not only did he play at the World Cup he’s also scored at one.A tremendous achievement and he is the first Donegal man to score in a World Cup?Answers on a postcard please…. DDTV: WATCH DONEGAL SOCCER STAR SCORE FOR IRELAND AT THE AMPUTEE WORLD CUP IN MEXICO was last modified: December 2nd, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTVjames boyleMexiconewsrossessoccerWORLD CUP