Sofia Richie’s New Boyfriend Matthew Morton ‘Likes Her a Lot’

first_imgThe 22-year-old model was previously in a long-term relationship with Scott Disick. The former couple were first linked in 2017 before calling it quits in May after nearly three years of dating. While they reconciled two months later, they split again in August.Disick, 37, has also moved on from his romance with Richie. In October, the Talentless founder stepped out for a dinner date with model Bella Banos, whom he was previously linked to in 2017. He was then spotted leaving the Kimpton La Peer Hotel in West Hollywood with model Megan Blake Irwin. On Halloween, he hit up a party with Lisa Rinna’s 19-year-old daughter, Amelia Gray Hamlin.- Advertisement – Disick shares children Mason, 10, Penelope, 8, and Reign, 5, with ex Kourtney Kardashian, whom he dated on and off from 2006 to 2015. The exes have also spent time together since his split with Richie, most recently during Kim Kardashian’s 40th birthday party on a private tropical island.During Disick and Richie’s relationship, it became “more apparent that his family [with Kourtney] was more of a priority than she was,” a source told Us. The insider added that the Flip It Like Disick star is “always going to be in love” with the 41-year-old Poosh founder.Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories! Going Strong! Sofia Richie’s new beau, Matthew Morton, is very much invested in their relationship.“Matt grew up with an insane amount of wealth, but always remained grounded. He is a hard worker and wants to prove himself to his dad [Hard Rock Cafe cofounder Peter Morton],” a source tells Us Weekly exclusively. “He used to be somewhat of a player and has always surrounded himself with very pretty girls and dated pretty girls. But he’s calmed down a lot and likes Sofia a lot.”Sofia Richie’s New Man Matthew Morton Likes Her a Lot 1Sofia Richie and Matthew Morton Paul Zimmerman/Shutterstock; Inset: Courtesy of HurdlePodcast/Instagram- Advertisement – Us broke the news of Richie’s new relationship with Morton on October 19. Two days earlier, the duo fueled dating rumors after being spotted grabbing dinner at Nobu in Malibu.“They’re trying not to make a big deal about their relationship or about how serious it is,” an insider told Us at the time. “But they are definitely seeing each other.”Shortly after their romance was confirmed, a source revealed to Us that Morton, 27, is “really excited” about the pair’s blossoming romance. “They both run in the same circle and have known each other. So, it’s easy and fun for both of them,” the insider shared. “Sofia’s family approves of him, which is super nice for her.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement –last_img read more

Mansion owned by Brisbane lawyer sets new auction record

first_img The view from the property at 95-99 McConnell St, Bulimba, which sold at auction for a Brisbane record of $8.4 million. Photographer: Liam Kidston.Place Bulimba managing director Sarah Hackett, who marketed Mr Boyd’s property, said there were three registered bidders at the auction, but ultimately it was a “two horse race”. The living room inside the massive home.Bidding started at $5.5 million before jumping to $6 million and then increasing in $100,000 and then $50,000 lots.Mrs Hackett said there were other interested parties at the event, including one who just wanted the vacant lot and another who was keen to secure the house. The wine cellar inside the home at 95-99 McConnell St, Bulimba, which sold at auction for a Brisbane record of $8.4 million. Photographer: Liam Kidston.The property was ultimately purchased as a family home, with the winning bidders, from Brisbane’s northside, having children in school nearby.The $8.4 million sale price eclipses the previous residential auction record of $7.75 million, which was achieved at 39 Griffith Street, New Farm, earlier this year, and equalled that set when a St Lucia house went under the hammer a decade ago. MORE: Brisbane auction success surges Place Estate Agents managing director Sarah Hackett at the 95-99 McConnell St, Bulimba, house which she sold for a Brisbane auction record of $8.4m. Photo: Liam Kidston.IT IS a lot of money by most standards, but what kind of home will $8.4 million get you in Brisbane these days?That’s how much one buyer has paid for a riverfront Bulimba mansion — setting a new record for a home sold at auction in the river city. This riverfront mansion at 95-99 McConnell St, Bulimba, has sold at auction.Two local buyers — one from the northside and one from the southside — battled it out for the property at 95-99 McConnell Street, which records show was owned by Brisbane lawyer Bill Boyd. RELATED: Epic homes to buy if you win Powerball The master bedroom has a massive walk-in wardrobe.The New Farm riverfront house was bought by Ben Seymour, the grandson of Queensland rich-lister and developer Kevin Seymour.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus11 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market11 hours agoThe Seymour Group is currently constructing a luxury development called The Oxlade on the site, which is also being marketed by Mrs Hackett. This property at 39 Griffith St, New Farm, sold for $7.75m.So what do you get for $8.4 million?The property at 95-99 McConnell Street consists of a 1473 sqm north-facing, riverfront block over two titles, and a 32m river frontage.The home itself has 951 sqm of living space, accommodation five large bedrooms, including a luxurious master bedroom with a walk-in robe and ensuite. One of the bedrooms in the home at 95-99 McConnell St, Bulimba, which sold at auction for a Brisbane record of $8.4 million. Photographer: Liam Kidston.The renovated kitchen has wide benchtops, premium-quality appliances, a built-in commercial fridge and freezer and a butler’s pantry.Other features include a media room, a lounge room with a corner bar and commercial bar fridge, a concealed wine cellar, and two deep-water mooring pontoons.last_img read more

Women’s hockey: Badgers set NCAA attendance record at Kohl Center amid three-game homestead

first_imgWisconsin routed Minnesota State University, Mankato to cap off a three-week homestead that featured an NCAA record-setting attendance for a women’s hockey game amid string of intense Western Collegiate Hockey Association matchups.In the first of the three home series, Wisconsin bested St. Cloud State University 2-0 in front of 15,359 fans at the Kohl Center as part of UW’s 2017 “Fill the Bowl” event on Saturday, Jan. 14.Traditionally, Wisconsin women’s hockey plays home games in the LaBahn Arena, but the school’s “Fill the Bowl” event occurs on the men’s team’s home ice at the Kohl Center. The Kohl Center boasts nearly 15,000 more seats than LaBahn, and the Badger faithful filled nearly every one in the special venue change.The turnout shattered the NCAA women’s hockey previous single-game attendance record of 13,573 that Wisconsin set in the 2014 and most recent chapter of the event. With the attendance record against St. Cloud, Wisconsin now owns the five highest single-game attendance totals in NCAA women’s hockey history.Building off the energy and pride created this monumental turnout in the temporary venue change, Wisconsin went on to defeat North Dakota 3-2 and 2-1 the following weekend back on the LaBahn home ice. The weekend series was the second consecutive home sweep of 2017, lifting the Badgers to 5-0 total record in the new year before hosting Minnesota State University, Mankato the next weekend.The all-time series between Mankato and Wisconsin has always favored the Badgers, with a 72-2-3 overall record against the Mavericks. With a grand total of 16 Badgers earning points this weekend, it was clear the Mavericks were still having problems keeping up with Wisconsin.Women’s hockey: Badgers close out WCHA play with Minnesota StateAfter a tough weekend battle against the University of North Dakota, the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team finishes their Read…The skill difference between these two teams was apparent the minute the puck dropped Friday night. Wisconsin (24-2-1-0, 19-2-1-0 WCHA) outshot the Mavericks 47-15, and managed to not only net two power-play goals, but one short-handed goal as well.“We created a bunch of opportunities and capitalized on a couple power plays and overall it was a good effort,” Wisconsin head coach Mark Johnson said.Mankato (6-20-3, 3-17-2 WCHA) had a hard time keeping up with the Badgers’ defense as well, with Wisconsin controlling much of the pace. Even after the first period, it was apparent why Mankato came into the weekend at the bottom of the WCHA, and the night closed out with a 5-0 victory for the Badgers.Saturday would closely resemble Friday’s matchup, in that Wisconsin was clearly the superior team. While the Mavericks did manage to get a goal past Ann-Renée Desbiens, their power-play goal would be the Mavericks’ only score of the weekend. The Badgers swept the weekend with a 6-1 victory Saturday afternoon.Women’s hockey: Top-ranked Badgers tested but emerge victorious against North DakotaSaturday night was a prime example of a heated rivalry between the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team and the Read…Two Badgers reached career milestones Saturday afternoon, with Sydney McKibbon and Emily Clark both earning their 100th career point during the first period. Clark and McKibbon were both happy with the achievement, but more concerned with getting the conference win it in front of a home crowd.“It was pretty cool to share that with [McKibbon] tonight,” Clark said. “A huge thanks to my linemates, I think they made a couple extra passes that they definitely could have shot this weekend, but pretty cool feeling, especially to do it at home.”With a grand total of nine Badgers scoring goals this weekend — five of them being freshmen — it is clear Wisconsin has become an even more dynamic team. With a road test against Bemidji State University awaiting the Badgers next weekend, coach Johnson knows he has made a team that is becoming more and more difficult to suppress.“We got contributions from different people,” Johnson said. “Get some depth in your scoring and it becomes difficult to defend.”Wisconsin also managed to silence Mankato without veteran senior defenseman Melissa Channell on the ice after she left the second game of the North Dakota series due to injury a week prior.While the No. 1 Badgers boast deep talent across the roster, it often takes even the best of teams a certain trial period to adjust to a veteran absence on the ice going forward.This may be especially apparent in the Badgers first upcoming road test since the loss against a solid Bemidji State team next weekend in Minnesota.last_img read more

Taking back unwanted prescription drugs

first_imgSubmitted to Sumner Newscow — On Sept. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Wellington Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration will give the public its ninth opportunity in four years to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.  Bring your pills for disposal to the Wellington Police Department, 200 North “C” Street — only pills and patches, no liquid or needles.  The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.Last April, Americans turned in 390 tons (over 780,000 pounds) of prescription drugs at nearly 6,100 sites operated by the DEA and more than 4,400 of its state and local law enforcement partners.  When those results are combined with what was collected in its eight previous Take Back events, DEA and its partners have taken in over 4.1 million pounds—more than 2,100 tons—of pills.  This initiative addresses a vital public safety and public health issue.  Medicines that languish in home cabinets are highly susceptible to diversion, misuse, and abuse. Rates of prescription drug abuse in the U.S. are alarmingly high, as are the number of accidental poisonings and overdoses due to these drugs.  Studies show that a majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends, including from the home medicine cabinet. In addition, Americans are now advised that their usual methods for disposing of unused medicines—flushing them down the toilet or throwing them in the trash—both pose potential safety and health hazards.DEA is in the process of approving new regulations that implement the Safe and Responsible Drug Disposal Act of 2010, which amends the Controlled Substances Act to allow an “ultimate user” (that is, a patient or their family member or pet owner) of controlled substance medications to dispose of them by delivering them to entities authorized by the Attorney General to accept them.  The Act also allows the Attorney General to authorize long term care facilities to dispose of their residents’ controlled substances in certain instances.Follow us on Twitter. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (2) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +3 Vote up Vote down Guest 1 · 309 weeks ago I think this is great. Keep the drugs out of the waste stream. But not for the reason to keep out of hands of abusers. (Which is good) I think is sad that our great country has come down to this. I don’t understand how people can just absolutely destroy there lives and want more. We need more education on the effects of any substance abuse for the young children of America. Parents need to be more involved in there children’s lives that is key. Report Reply 0 replies · active 309 weeks ago +3 Vote up Vote down Small Town Boy · 309 weeks ago Thank you to the Wellington Police Department for facilitating this drug take-back. Just two days ago, Attorney General Eric Holder announced a new plan for the public to be able to return certain prescription medications to authorized locations such as pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, etc. for their respective disposal. I don’t know the exact date of implementation, but more details can be read via the link as follows: http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2014/September/14-a… Report Reply 0 replies · active 309 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more