Oct 17, 2006 (CIDRAP News) – The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) said yesterday that most of this year’s supply of seasonal influenza vaccine for children aged 6 months through 3 years will not reach pediatricians until at least November.Sanofi Pasteur announced last week that distribution of its Fluzone injectable vaccine—the only flu vaccine licensed for this age-group—would be about 3 weeks later than last year. Because of this, the AAP said, “Plenty of Fluzone will be available, but pediatricians will receive most of their FluZone supply in November and December.”About a third of the projected 2006 supply of Fluzone has already been sent to healthcare providers, Sanofi said in last week’s announcement. “Some healthcare providers may not have their full allotment of vaccine until November or later, depending upon when and from which manufacturer they ordered,” the company said.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends getting flu shots in October or November, before the flu season usually begins, but says vaccination is still worthwhile in December or later, because the season typically doesn’t peak until February. The agency said last month it expected that about 75 million doses of vaccine, or three fourths of this year’s supply, would be distributed by the end of October.Delayed delivery of Fluzone does not conflict with the CDC’s recommendation for immunization, Sanofi said.The AAP is urging pediatricians to notify parents about the delay and encourage them to bring children in for vaccinations later in the year when the vaccine is available.”The flu season does not usually peak until late December through March, so children will still benefit greatly from receiving the vaccine into December, January, and beyond,” the AAP said.However, Richard Lander, MD, a New Jersey pediatrician and chairman of the AAP’s administration and practice management section, told the Associated Press yesterday that the delay is significant because children should be immunized as soon as possible. “The longer the flu vaccine is in the body, the greater chance the body can build up antibodies against the flu,” he said.In June, federal health officials recommended that toddlers aged 2 through 4 years be immunized against influenza each year, adding millions of people to the groups included in flu vaccination recommendations.The CDC recommends that children aged 6 months to 9 years who have never received a flu shot should receive two doses of vaccine. Those who receive an injectable vaccine should have a booster 1 month or longer after the initial dose, before the onset of the flu season.A Bloomberg News report yesterday said that Sanofi attributed the delay to a slow-growing strain of influenza used to make this year’s vaccine supply. Bloomberg reported in early September that two other vaccine makers—GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis—also had trouble growing the influenza A(H3N2) strain in this year’s vaccine.In July, the US Food and Drug Administration warned Sanofi about contamination in a component of Fluzone, but the FDA and Sanofi said they did not expect the problem to significantly limit production of this season’s vaccine. The company planned to make about 50 million doses, which represents roughly half of the US vaccine supply.See also:Oct 12 Sanofi press releasehttps://www.vaccineshoppe.com/secure/pdfs/release_10_12_2006.pdf
8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.auThe master suite has its own gas fireplace, a deluxe wet room ensuite and “decadent” dressing room and terrace.There’s also parking for eight cars, a storeroom, boat shed and a multipurpose room that can be turned into a sixth bedroom. The home comes fully loaded including CBUS home automation, security, ducted air, and spear water irrigation.It is for sale by private treaty. 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.au 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.au 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.auFORGET dual living arrangements, this luxury waterfront home has gone the triple, with plenty of room to stash away the teenagers, in-laws or help.The five bedroom, seven bathroom home is on a massive 2,703sq m block with 70m of waterfrontage on the Gold Coast’s Main River and has a price tag of $12-$14 million. INNER CITY UNIT PRICED AT JUST $130K MASSIVE SURGE IN FIRST HOME BUYERS FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON TWITTER 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.au 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.au“From the walk-in, temperature controlled wine cellar, to the gourmet kitchen with butler’s pantry and acclaimed Gaggenau appliances, through to the delightfully decadent bedrooms with superb water views, this is the ultimate secluded oasis where no expense has been spared in creating an enviable lifestyle.”Among its features was a media room, music room, library and an executive study, as well as an infinity edge pool with 17m lap pool, a full size tennis court, and a large pontoon. 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.au 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.auMore from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor3 hours ago8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.auThe property at 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento, has not just the main home zones, but also a guest suite with dual entrance, kitchenette, and ensuite, and a self-contained bedroom studio apartment that also has separate access, ensuite, walk-in-robe, cooking and laundry facilities.Agents Debbie Goudy and Michael Mahon of M-Motion were marketing it as a home that “sets the standard in luxury living”.“Truly a trophy home you’ll be proud to pass on to future generations,” the listing said. 8-10 Marseille Court, Sorrento Qld 4217. Picture: Realestate.com.au
Nicholas Carpenter took the lead at the drop of the green flag for the Karl Kustoms Northern SportMod 15-lapper and paced the first half of the race. During that time, Clancy began to slowly work his way through the field. Steven Clancy started 10th and finished first in Friday’s Karl Kustoms Northern SportMod main event at US 36 Raceway. (Photo by Judy Staley) OSBORN, Mo. (April 26) – Patience paid off Friday night at US 36 Raceway for Steven Clancy. After starting 10th, Clancy had to pick and choose where to make his passes. A late caution allowed him to close on Carpenter and in turn three Clancy made his move to the point with a few laps remaining. By Jacob Blair Clancy then opened up a couple car length lead and made his second trip to Westfall GMC Victory Lane this season. Tim Eaton also had an impressive run, moving up 10 spots to finish second. Carpenter had a moment on the final lap in turn three but was able to make the save and finish third. Last week’s feature winner, Chris Wright, finished fourth and Jeffrey Sears rounded out the top five.
Happy Thursday everyone! Today is February 2. We’re taking a look at some of the top stories that are making the news across your Caribbean-American community right here in South Florida. Good Afternoon and welcome. You’re watching CNW90. The coverage today is brought to you by Grace Soups: Spice up your kitchen with Grace Soups today. Genuine Caribbean taste enjoyed worldwide!South Florida authorities denied rumors trending on social media on Wednesday warning that immigration officials were rounding up immigrants in Miami Beach, Little Haiti and North Miami. The Twitter posts were accompanied by a photo of Homeland Security bus purported to be waiting to transport immigrants. Google image search revealed the same photo was used 2 years ago on conspiracy websites. The Miami Beach Police Department confirmed with the Dept. of Homeland security there was no such immigration operation underway.An increasing number of Barbadian Muslims had their US visas revoked in recent weeks, associated with an upsurge in visa application denials, according to the secretary of the Barbados Muslim Association, Suleiman Bulbulia. He says he anticipates a difficult time for Barbados muslims to get US Visas following President Trumps recent immigration order. Bulbulia also said he wasn’t sure if any member of the Barbadian Muslim population came from any of the countries banned by the immigration order.Federal prosecutors in the US has sentenced Jeragh Powell a 26-yr old Jamaican citizen to 41 months in prison for his role in a lottery scam that targeted elderly US victims. Powell admitted working with his wife and others to mail fake lottery prize notifications to the victims directing them to pay tens of thousands of dollars in fake fees and taxes to receive prize money and cars. Powell’s wife, Kimberly Powell is to be sentenced on February 23.In SportsFormer Wolmers Boys’ School goalkeeper Shamar Jemison, 19, has been selected by the Florida Memorial University football team. This was confirmed by FMU’s soccer coach Edil Payon. Jemison was selected as FMU’s goalkeeper from 35 candidates after impressing coaches during a one-week trial at the college.Here’s What’s TrendingVeteran NBC-TV African-American broadcaster Tamron Hall has abruptly resigned from the network after it canceled her 9:00 am week-day slot on the network to make room for former FOX broadcaster Megyn Kelly who was recently hired by NBC. Hall was co-host of the slot since 2014, and also hosted a daily one-hour talk show on MSNBC.For tomorrows weather forecast:It will be partly cloudy in Broward County with a High of 78 degrees and a low of 67. It will also be partly cloudy in Miami-Dade, with a high of 80 and a low of 67 degrees. For more information on these and other stories, visit us online at Caribbean nationalweekly.com. Make Sure to pick up your copy of the National Weekly at your nearest Caribbean American outlet.Today’s coverage was brought to you by Grace Soups: Spice up your kitchen with Grace Soups today. Genuine Caribbean taste enjoyed worldwide!”This has been CNW90, I’m ……………………..